Sunday, February 3, 2013

Who knew that would help?

   So I have been trying to figure out what to write about. I have probably done about 10 drafts and by paragraph two I erase it all. But today is a new day and new attempt to write a post. So today was a reminder that we are meant to be somewhere at a certain time for a certain reason. I have talked about this before but lately I haven't really been reminding myself that everything happens for a reason.
  At the beginning of the year, I was wishing for better news about my dad. The past two years have just been left to right bad news, nothing really new. So I was hoping that for the year 2013 maybe it will be my lucky year. Well it hasn't started out so hot. The bad news just kept coming. And it has been hard. One night I was praying just for something, I didn't know what I needed but I knew I needed something. Then all of these things happened. My roommates distracting me by going snowboarding, calling my friend who knew exactly what I was going through and knew what I needed to hear, old leaders/now friends telling me that they are there for me, serving others, getting letters from missionaries and they said the right things even though they have no clue whats going on, working EFY Express, going and playing at the park and just laughing, and so much more. It has made me realize that yeah life can suck but it is not suppose to be this cookie cutter life. That would be boring and not productive. We are here on this Earth for a reason. We are here to learn and grow. I also realized that yeah life sucks sometimes but there are people and things in our lives that are there to make life better. I needed all those things this past month.

   There are things we are not going to like about this life. There are going to be times that will suck, but there are also going to be times where life is amazing. One thing that I have been reminded is that it is going to be better, everything will work out. I heard somewhere, maybe on pinterest, that no matter how dark the night is the sun will be up in the morning and a new day will start. So remember that a new day will come when its time. Be Strong the Sun Will Come Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment