Thursday, November 1, 2012

Home Sweet California!

Guess what everyone?! I AM AN AUNT! Yep that is right! My sister just had a sweet little boy named Dillon! So of course I had to get my butt down to California for his birth! I didn't want to go alone so one of my best friends Alyssa went with me on this wonderful trip! Man what a blast it was! We drove to Vegas and flew out of Vegas cause we got great deals on tickets! We walked the strip cause we got to vegas super early. Lets see, some dude wouldn't take no for an answer and I got bit in the head by a polar bear. Haha ohh man what happens in Vegas. Look at this creepy bear!

Then when we got to California, my grandparents took us to my favorite restaurant ...COCO'S! It is like going home and having mom make you a nice home cooked meal. It is the best. Thursday was a crazy lets see everything we can day. We went to the best place on earth...THE BEACH! I love the beach. It is the one place in the world where everything is okay, the ocean is so peaceful and beautiful. You know how everyone has that one place where you can just sit for hours and think...Well the beach is my place which kinda stinks cause its 6 hours away lol. 

Then we decided to go walk around the Newport Beach Temple!! ahh my favorite temple. When the temple was announced, everyone in my stake were ecstatic because that meant there was going to be a closer temple! LA is not totally far in miles but with traffic and everything its can be a long trip. I was in Primary at the time and they handed rocks to each primary child and asked for us to write our name and our favorite scripture or primary song on this rock. In result they put all those rocks under the baptismal font in the Newport Beach temple. How legit. So a part of me is in that temple! That is why I really want to get married in that temple because it is home for me. 

Thursday night we met up with my old friend Jean Luke. I haven't seen him since 3rd grade! Crazy right?! It was so much fun to catch up with him and we had an amazing time just talking and laughing. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much. It was fun and he might come up to Utah during Christmas break with our friend Pavan! Yay! I love re developing friendships!

Friday was the big day! So before it happened Alyssa and I went to lunch and the movies with Jaimie and Amber. It was kinda cool to be a part of her last activity before she became a mom. After hours and hours of waiting, little Dillon Sinclair was born into this world. He was 6 pounds 10 ounces and 19 inches long. Love that little boy so much! He is so tiny and just so chill. I cannot wait to see what he does in this world. 

So really the rest of the weekend was great! Swap meet with Alyssa, holding Dillon more, went to my grandparents ward halloween party, going to my cousin sierra's dedication, holding Dillon more, feeding and burping Dillon, and then headed back to Utah. It was a great weekend and a busy one. Loved every minute of it and it was all worth it to get to hold my nephew the day he was born and the two days after. It was great to be there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment