Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wow... 2013... You Were One for the Books...

  So in the month of January 2013, I decided that I would make resolutions for the year and put them on a poster so that I could see it everyday. This way I could actually work on getting these goals done throughout the year. Also, I put on there what I did know what was going to happen so that it was also like a timeline for the year. So these were some of my goals for 2013:
  • Get back into Shape [I would give that a check...in better shape than I was last january]
  • Get a passport [Didn't happen... lets make that a 2014 goal]
  • Write in my journal everyday [Missed a couple days...]
  • EFY Counselor [Best 6 weeks of my summer]
  • Learn a new skill [Tiling from daddy]
  • Learn how to do the cartwheel into the splits [Didn't happen... new year to try]
  With these goals, I learned so much. To get back into shape, I took a weight training class and that helped me try to get into the habit of working out. Yes it was hard, but I believe that by the end I realized that it was nice to go to the gym and get away for a bit. Also, that it does not matter how heavy a workout you have, just the fact you are going means a lot. Writing in my journal helped me so much this year. Being able to get my feelings out on paper and just reviewing each day has gotten me through a lot. I was not perfect and missed a day or a week here and there but the fact that I wrote more in my journal this year than I ever have means progress. I learned how to tile from my daddy. That was such an amazing experience and now I have a skill that most girls never learn.
   [Putting in the new floor before doing the tile job]
 [My third journal of the year.. finished]

  There are some things that did not happen this year. I didn't get my passport, didn't learn how to do the cartwheel into the splits, and I didn't go to the temple every month. But here is the great thing about the new year... Its a new year... I can make those goals once again and work hard to actually do them this year.
  [Me in front of the St. George LDS temple]

  Review the year, it has been one crazy year. I have had some great times, with being an EFY counselor, making new friends, continuing my education at SUU, and so much more. I have had some hard times, getting worse and worse news about my dad, him passing away, and hearing about more bad news about other people. Now it is time for a new year and new memories.
  [Some of my crazy fun EFY kids]
 [The man that will never leave my heart and will always be my daddy]

  For you, whoever you may be, I have some advice for you. Make a list, and put it somewhere. It does not have to be all goals, it can something you know will happen that year, no matter what add it to the list. Do not get discouraged if your year is not going the way you wanted to. And remember the great thing about a new year, is that you can work on new things and old things. Good luck with this year. I hope it is a better year for everyone. :) Hello 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment