Tuesday, October 9, 2012

General Conference... Always an amazing weekend

This past weekend was General Conference weekend. This happens twice a year, general authorities of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints talk to all the members of the church through television and talk to whoever is willing to listen. It is a great time to hear from our beloved prophet and other leaders who are the mouth pieces of the Lord. I love this because when I have questions about life, the church or whatever I seriously get my answers through the talks that are given during this weekend.
After hearing the talks from this weekend, I am comforted with what lies ahead, I know that everything happens for a reason, and so much more.
The interesting thing that happened this week was that the Prophet announced that the ages for being able to serve a religious mission has been lowered. Men can now serve at age 18 and the women can now serve at age 19. Wow that is history in the making and it was really cool to hear that for the first time with everyone else in the world. I honestly think that is a good thing. Now boys can leave right after high school and more girls will go because they do not have to wait so long and they will more inlikely go because they will only have a year of school maybe and they are more in likely not to be married or tied down so nothing is stopping them from serving. Now hearing this I still do not feel the need to serve but its cool to know I can and gives me even more respect for those who do.
I love this amazing gospel. I know that this church is true and that there are prophets on the earth once again. I know that Christ lives and loves me. And I know that their is a plan for each and every one of us. I do know that if you just listen to General Conference you would see the joy this Church brings to me and every member. Go to lds.org and type in general conference talks and just read some, they can apply to everyone even if you are not a member. Yes there is a lot of religion in the talks but there is also so much advice about how to deal with the world around us and who doesn't need that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment