Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Dad

[My two wonderful parents, mom survivor of breast cancer and dad a fighter of rectal cancer]
So most of you know that my dad has rectal cancer that has spread. That horrible word needs to stop popping up in lives to the people I care about. Cancer is not a "four letter word" but its still one of those words you wish would never again come out of someones mouth. So back to subject. Daddy is about finished with his Chemo and all we can do is hope and pray is that it worked and we can breathe for at least a little bit. But a little bit is an understatement. Now because of the drugs in the Chemo my dad has blood clots in his legs. Oh to joy. So now have to worry about that because they are so bad that he has to give himself shots twice a day. In two months, we can hopefully breathe once again. I cannot wait for that day when we can all breathe for the rest of our lives. The one day were we watch the news and those wonderful words pop up "A cure for cancer" now hopefully it does not end up like the movie "I am Legend" cause then I take my words back. Cancer changes everything and you know what I am sick of change. I am sick of seeing change within my family and with my friends.  So if cancer could hear or talk I would tell it how about you give yourself cancer and then die then you will never have to come into anyone's lives ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment